Saturday 5 January 2019

Gaugamela 331 BC

I have decided to build armies for the battle of Gaugamela using Command and Colors Ancients. The scenario was copped from the free website which contains all the rules and scenarios for the game as well as many fan made scenarios. 
https://www.commandsandcolors.net/
This scenario is "epic" which means double sized and multiplayer as opposed to the usual one on one games. I am getting ready for Huzzah in May and plan to make use of the lovely painted Persians and Greeks acquired from Ross as well as my Macedonians.

I spent a week or so rebasing the Persians and they are complete except for 4 light bow infantry. These are the only figures I will have to paint up. There will be a little scale mismatch as some of the figures are 28mm and some are 25mm.

I ran a test game today with my son, Eric. I was the Persians and got beaten handily but after falling behind early, I was able to battle back to prevent a rout.

Rebased Persians - the Camels are my favorite


Persians on the left - Macedon on the right
 Persian left
 Pike blocks 
 Persian centre

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and I agree that camel bases at this scale have a certain charm. This table of marrying the hex with the larger figure interests me. I have used smaller figures with hexes, mainly to allow terrain to also be accommodated in the hex, but with this period, I suppose it is not an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I love playing CCA with miniatures.

    ReplyDelete