Friday 1 June 2018

Battle and Inspiration

I played a game of Bolt Action the other night with a new opponent. My local game store is hosting Historical Tuesdays Gaming night. This was my chance to meet new players and recruit the GW crowd away form the Dark Side, toward the light of historical miniature gaming. I played a local fellow who proved to be an affable and able opponent. We set up and fought the game in about three hours. I played German veterans from Stalingrad and my opponent played American veterans. Historical opponents if from different periods of the war.


Sherman tank immobilized by ATG fire
 Tank Duel
 Germans skulking in the woods


The battle seesawed back in forth with a desultory exchange of fire between Sherman and PAK 38 50mm ATG. There was a decisive moment on the German left flank where my Germans failed to pass an order test and charge an exposed unit of US Rangers. They were charged instead and wiped out. A fun game and the rules came easily and did not get in the way of the fun. I was assisted by a young fellow of about 10yrs age, who drew order dice and commanded the ATG.

Table overview
 ATG and target


I plan to make this event a regular stop and hope to meet a new batch of gamers and opponents

3 comments: