Tuesday 29 May 2018

New Swag

I let go of the purse strings a little bit when I went to Huzzah. I also had a fair amount of luck at the raffle table. I bought Eric the latest D&D 5th Ed book D&d Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes by Wizards Rpg Team

He was very happy with this and he had his nose in the book for the bulk of the rest of the weekend...

I visited the Things From The Basement stall. Georg had developed a nice set of 15mm versions of his 28mm buildings. I bought the whole set with a plan to make thatched roofs for the WWII Eastern Front games and the stock roofs for ACW and Napoleonics. An excellent addition to my Terrain pile once they are built. I bought some library shelves furniture in 28mm for my D&D game. Built and primered. I will need to make books/potions and Scrolls to stock the shelves.

 I bought some Mage Knight figures. Mostly Centaurs featured in my last post but also a cool dwarf Warrior, elven Ranger and mechanized guy to use as a golem or something.
I also bought a PIAT and knee mortar to flesh out my British Paratroopers. These are on my painting table half done, along with 4 US BAR gunners.
I bought a 28mm Pz4D that was 3D printed. I have already painted it and it is featured in my last post. Tonight is the first action in a bolt action game vs the US. I showed it to my wife. We have been talking about getting a 3D printer. She was excited by the quality of it and we are a step closer to investing in one. I also bought a die cast Sherman. It is big compared to my other 2 Shermans but for $10 painted, I am happy with it.


I bought Sam Mustafa's Rommel rules. This is a division level game system. Good reading. Not sure I will ever play it...


I tried to buy something at the bring and buy but in the end left with only 50 painted and based Saracen spearmen and archers. These were free!

Now for the raffle loot!

I bought $15 worth of raffle tickets and acquired all you see below. 2 expansions for Command and Colors Napoleonics - Spain and Austria. I have spoken to my buddy Zack who can use them in his collection.
 Osprey book and an old school modeling book
 Yorktown model 1/700
 Basic Wings of War with 4 planes

I was sad to miss the last draw as I left early enough to stay awake for the 11 hour drive home. I am looking forward to next year and will definitely GM a game.



5 comments: