Sunday 6 May 2018

Market Garden Elites

I have been busy painting and once again changing direction in my pursuit of this hobby. The weather is improving and I am enjoying the outdoors more. This has meant less time for the game table. D&D continues to be fairly successful. I had my first player death. I was excited to get my Orks on the table and the encounter was a little over powered. 6 archers 6 swordmen, 3 boar riders and 3 bosses. The players were joined by six 0 level guards but they were almost wiped out in an ambush. The Dwarf Barbarian got criticalled by an arrow and then criticalled again with a "00" result on the crit chart. That means your dead. I told the player he had an arrow in the eye and was out of the fight. After the fight, I gave him the choice of taking the die roll and dying or just lose the eye and recovering. He opted for the death result and gave a suitable speech before exiting the scene for the last time. I had just finished a new figure for him. Now I will have to make it a memorial statue...

RIP Tordek


In other news, I spent a feisty week in Cuba from which it took me an additional week to fully recover.



When I got back, I picked up my paint brush and finished of my British Airborne figures from Black Tree Design. I watched some Youtube for advice on painting camo. I think they came out fairly well and plan to get them on the table soon.
3 sections for Chain of Command
 About 60 models total
 Flamethrowers and gunners
 Vickers MMG
 Extra SMG guys
Fuzzy pick of officers, sniper, PIAT and mortar 
All together

Next up, Centaurs and Beastmen for Dragons Rampant...


No comments:

Post a Comment