Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to friends out there. I wanted to post before the end of the year so I browsed my shelf to see what I had that was new and cool to show off. I am building on the momentum from my 28mm WW2 game and started making some terrain for that. I watched The Terrain Tutor on Youtube and blatantly stole his method for making rock walls. He is great to watch and full of good ideas.

8' of fences in 6" sections. I still need to add gates.
 Close up. I think the flock needs toning down...

I have started on wooden fences as well and hope to have those done over the next couple of days.

I have continued to work on D&D stuff. I purchased some new minis as a new wave of stuff came out from WizKids. Cheap and cool figures. I was also pleased to see them release some civilian types for me to use as NPC. Barmaids, dancing girls, bartender and trader are all added. Children and town guardsmen too.



I also did some terrain in the form of a bar. What campaign would be complete without a place to have a bar fight! Tables, chairs, the bar flooring, boxes, shelves and sacks all from scratch made mostly from styrofoam.
I have been looking to buy some more terrain and hanging out on the "Things From the Basement" website. I refused to order anything more from them until I completed my last batch from them. I assembled and primered the models an age ago and finally added paint. They are a little clean looking but good for now. Most importantly, I can order more goodies without guilt!






Last but not least I built a campfire for my campaigners to huddle around. The cool part of this model was successfully soaking the cotton ball smoke in floor wax and having it harden up and keep its shape. This worked well and now I will apply the same technique to my smoke grenades and covering fire markers for WW2.

Happy New Year and God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. I have been working on walls this afternoon as it happens, I like the texturing on yours. Best Wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Norm. All the best to you and yours. I rubbed the styrofoam with a tinfoil ball to get the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful walls and buildings...and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete