Saturday 23 December 2017

Game Preparations



I have returned faithful reader(s). This blog has been sorely neglected of late. We are heading for a new year and I hope to breath some new life into my writing. Partly to blame is the loss of my camera. I am reduced to taking pictures with a bad phone camera. Maybe Santa will bring me a new camera for Christmas. I did receive an early Christmas present in the mail. 
Gaslands is a post apocalyptic themed race game designed for use with Hot Wheels! Definitely on the lighter side of my rule collection but looks quick and fun. Dragons Rampant is a unit based skirmish fantasy game. Also on the lighter side but I am looking for a reason to get my fantasy stuff on the table and a friend also bought a copy. Stay tuned for battle reports and reviews on these items.

I have been continuing my D&D campaign. Below are some in-game action shots. The hills were fun to craft and look imposing on the game table. Not sure they will translate well to wargaming but you never know.

Below is another in-game picture of the D&D game. I made these cave tiles from an interlocking floor mat, painted and cut to size. I painted up some of the doorways from Warhammer Quest. I have been buying the cheap and fabulous WizKid pre-primered fantasy miniatures and painting them up.



I have not played a "proper" wargame for some time. I recently sent an invite to my gaming group and have been putting together a Chain of Command demo game to run in 28mm. I organized the platoons and painted the bases to match. The scenario is set in Sicily with the 2 American infantry platoons trying to break through the German lines held by a hasty defense from 2 German infantry platoons. I will be using the multiplayer rules provided for free from the TooFatLardies web site. 

I thought about using my 15mm stuff because all the options are available for support choices but went with 28mm because it is a much more impressive scale. I will have to proxy any unusual support choices. We play on Boxing Day and weather permitting will have 5 players. This will be my first time playing these rules with another player. I hope it goes well and I gain some fans of the rules to play in the future. There are many new Youtube videos out with these rules on display. I have watched many of them and feel confident in being able to present the rules to new players. Stayed tuned for that battle report as well. 



2 comments:

  1. It seems like a great way to spend Boxing Day. Good luck with the day and best wishes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jeff! Weather looks good for the drive Monday so see you there!

    ReplyDelete